Dear Natalie,
My name is SUPERCOOL PLACEMENT OFFICER and I am the Placement and Assessment Specialist responsible for the final assessment of your application. I have made a preliminary review of your file and I would like to schedule a phone interview with you for further follow up. The call will last approximately 20 minutes. Please let me know your availability for next week.
WHAT!? SO SOON! I feel like the luckiest girl around! It seems as though this SUPERCOOL PLACEMENT OFFICER made this email and then boot'scooted out of the office to enjoy his/her weekend, but I responded right away asking for a Monday timeslot. I can't imagine waiting until Tuesday or Wednesday. I am going to have trouble focusing on work now as it is! YAY! SMILE IS PLASTERED TO MY FACE!
My recruiter keeps reiterating that placement *rarely* moves people out of their nominated programs. I am a bit skeptical, especially with all these setbacks and budget cuts. If that 8-week or 6-week deal holds true I could still be looking at North Africa mid March. That would be insane! I also just bought a 3 week scuba certification course with some friends, so I need to get on that pronto! Not sure if you can scuba in Morocco, but I imagine I will find a way.
Good luck to everyone waiting. I was told I would hear from my PO within 2-6 weeks. Technically it has been a week and a half. So miracles do come true.
yayyyy!!! progress however small is progress. here's to hoping make that March departure.
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic news!
ReplyDeleteIn view if the recent reports from some other applicants who said that they were told by the PC Placement Office that all programs for all regions for this quarter are full, this offers a sliver of hope that some invitations might still be forthcoming. Even if not, this is still great news for you.
Congrats and best wishes!
hey i am nominated for the same thing but in African and departing in the 4th quarter.
ReplyDeleteNatalie, that is awesome! Will be checking your blog Monday for an update about that phone call. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks to you all! Reading this encouragment makes me very happy! I am so thankful to have other applicants like me to get me through this uncertain time. Even if I don't make March, I will be overjoyed regardless to know, hopefully, where I will end up. Good luck to you all!
ReplyDelete