Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hope for the best, prepare for the worst, wind up somewhere in the middle

Happy Australia Day! So appropriate that today marks the start of a long, long journey. I expect to be highly delusional by the time I arrive, so please don't expect any thing brilliant being posted. Right now I am just hoping that my bags are not too heavy and that my soul remains light. I don't want to be weighed down with worry right now. No need for that. I sorta have this theory that if you keep going, walking, running or skipping... you can never feel too "settled." Not that this would be a bad thing in the traditional meaning of the word, but I am referring to the forced settling due to heavy baggage; the weights of the world, the woes and the worries. I would rather throw those out before I pass through customs.

My mindset is that I am feeling prepared for the unknown. A first for me. really. I have no nails left to bite and about 10 or so pounds of books to keep my mind occupied. yes! I think I will be just fine as long as I can convey to the airport employees that, while I may appear to be an adult, I am really one of those lost wandering children who gets stuck in the mall and needs an intercom announcement to find their way back to their guardian. Wish I had one of those. Oh well, I will have to wing it on my own. I will just live in the present and see where that takes me.

Thank you loving family and friends. You all are super and outstanding people.

Acceptance, Enthusiasm, Enjoyment,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment